Where canals make up most of the city streets and a cosmopolitan lifestyle is dotted with culture, history and limitless activities, your day is as strenuous or relaxing as you make it here. Stop in one of the many cafes and restaurants which line the famous foreshore or just stroll around the national parks and wineries to work off your indulgence from that great little pastry shop you found last night. Mandurah is located less than an hour's drive south of Perth and is perched on the coast overlooking the magnificent Indian Ocean. In the past 15 years, Mandurah has grown from a small coastal town on the way to Western Australia's vast South West into a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with over 60,000 lucky residents calling it home. Yet, despite this enormous increase in population, which has resulted in the city being hailed as the fastest growing regional city in Australia, Mandurah has still managed to retain its relaxed, holiday atmosphere that has drawn visitors here from the beginning.
The Peel Region
The Peel Region covers an area of 5,600 square kilometres and extends from 35 to 145 kilometres south of Perth. It is home to 130 square kilometres of estuary and inland waterways, including a Wetland of International Importance under the Ramsar Convention. The Region's western boundary is 50 kilometres of Indian ocean coastline.
Getting to Mandurah
It takes only 47 minutes on the train from the central Perth train station.
- Trains from Perth to Mandurah run every 20 minutes
- When you arrive at the Mandurah Train station, a free shuttle bus (between 10.00am & 6.00pm) will transport you directly to the foreshore
- The Mandurah Ferry Cruises Booking Office is 20 steps from the foreshore bus stop (the Foreshore Express bus stops twice along the foreshore - we are at the second stop).
It takes about an hour from the heart of Perth.
- Head south from Perth City on the Kwinana Freeway
- Take the Lakes Road exit and turn right at the traffic lights
- Continue along Lakes Road into Gordon Road, through all the traffic lights until reaching Mandurah Terrace
- Turn left onto Mandurah Terrace
- Go along Mandurah Terrace until you see the Mandurah Visitor Centre on the right hand side of the road. Turn into the car park where you will see our Booking Office conveniently located in between the Mandurah Visitor Centre and the Dome Cafe. There is all day parking available behind the Performing Arts Centre, located on Ormsby Terrace.